Thursday 12 January 2012

Dalia Lama - keeping it real, as always!

I wish I could remember all the little realisations I have so I could add notes to this blog. The blog just helps me reaffirm what are, hopefully, better ways of thinking.

I've been reading a book by the Dalai Lama (How to see yourself as you really are) - wow, he really takes your thoughts of reality to a new level!

He's helped me understand that you can't expect changes in behaviour to happen overnight. By approaching objects of meditation in the right way and over time you can start seeing things for what they really are - and this holds try for your behaviour.

Once you can see the behaviour (or whatever) in it's true light you can really accept it. The book touches on something that Buddhists call Dependant Arising which I'm beginning to get to grips with and may never fully understand but it's helped me start on that next level of meditation that I felt I was ready for.

No comments:

Post a Comment