Monday 23 November 2009

Heart Rate

I haven't been getting the best sleep lately (trying for a baby!) so it's been a little harder to focus on my morning meditation but once finished feel very good again.

Today I mixed things up a bit and started with 6mins of relaxation breathing exercises and Mantra Meditation followed by 6 mins of Mindful Breathing.

Took the dog out for our walk, did some Mindful Walking exercises and then tried something new;

Focused on breathing in for two steps and breathing out for three steps and if focus altered bring back attention to matching the steps with the breath. When we got back I continued focusing on two in-breaths and three out-breaths without really counting them but noticing the difference. Kept this going while I dried the dog, showered, dried myself, did some housework etc.

I was feeling incredibly relaxed and focused, once I settled down on the computer I took my heart rate just out of curiosity really and it was 48 bpm. I'm fairly fit at the moment but my typical heart rate is about 60 bpm usually, so I was quite surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment