Tuesday 17 November 2009

Over the weekend we had both my Wife's and my car brake-down. Looking back on it, I feel I managed the situations much more calmly and without the experiences changing how I felt afterwards (i.e. perhaps thinking about the costs, and generally letting it effect my mood for the rest of the day).

I've been continuing with the meditation at least 10mins in the morning and in the afternoon/evenings.

I've found I can easily identify those times where my mind starts to drift off and become out of focus, then quickly and gently (without beating my self up about it) bring my attention back to the present moment.

Certain times this is harder than others though, like washing up. Today I tried doing a Mantra Meditation exercise while washing up. I'm not sure if this is the best method but I was able to complete the washing up whilst focused on the exercise and certainly felt much more focused and relaxed afterwards when I had finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment